Updated: May 5, 2022
I’ve got your new favorite spring recipe right here! This salad is vegan, high in fiber, and filled with plant-based protein.
The fig and fig glaze make it taste a little sweet, and the crunch from these homemade zaatar croutons is perfection! Try the recipe below.
1 cup kale
1/4 cup arugula
1/2 cup cannellini beans
1 sliced persian cucumber
1 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp dressing (I used avocado vinaigrette from @cindyskitchen)
1/4 sliced avocado
1 slice whole wheat bread
2-3 figs, sliced lengthwise
1 tsp fig glaze
1. turn the oven on broil
2. cut the slice of whole wheat bread into cubes, spray with olive oil and toss to coat
3. add zaatar seasoning and bake in the oven for 10 mins (toss bread after 5) and you have homemade zaatar croutons!
4. massage kale 1 tbsp dressing and plate
5. add arugula to plate and drizzle the rest of the dressing over all the greens
6. add cucumber, hemp seeds, avocado, croutons, beans and figs
7. top with fig glaze and enjoy!
prep time: 30 mins
nutrition: 500 calories, 20g protein, 60g carbohydrate, 14g fat, 16g fiber.