I saw champagne mangoes on sale at Whole Foods and thought:
I can make that into dinner tonight
thinking about a food that will satisfy your hunger is a great way to intuitively build your meals. try to pinpoint one thing you’re craving, and then once you have an item think about how to make it balanced (include a carb, protein, fat, and veggies).
tonight this turned out to be air fried coconut shrimp over cilantro lime rice with fresh mango.
you could also add a mango chutney or soy-based sauce for a little extra flavor and it would be delicious!
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup bread crumbs
4 cup diced fresh mango
6-8 precooked shrimp
1 package microwavable rice
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 tsp sea salt
1. if precooked shrimp are frozen, thaw in water for ~1/2 hour.
2. preheat air fryer to 350F.
3. place each of the following on a small, separate plate: flour, bread crumbs and coconut flakes, and 2 eggs (whisked).
4. dip shrimp one at a time first in flour to coat, then in egg wash, then in bread crumb coconut mixture and place in air fryer basket.
5. cook for 5 mins in air fryer, flip over and cook for another 5 mins.
6. while shrimp cook, microwave white rice.
7. once rice is cooked add cilantro, fresh mango, sea salt, and juice from one like to rice and mix together.
8. plate rice with shrimp on top and enjoy!