pesto fried egg on ricotta toast
I live for weekend morning breakfasts and this one is insanely delicious! The combination of pesto, ricotta, and honey is perfection.
1 slice sourdough
1/4 cup ricotta
1 tbsp pesto
1 tsp honey (I used mikes hot honey)
sea salt, pepper
red pepper flakes
1. on a pan over medium heat add 1 tsp olive oil
2. place sourdough on pan and toast on each side for 3-5 mins until lightly toasted
3. remove the toast and add pesto to sheet pan
4. crack an egg over the pesto and let cook for 5 mins
5. add thin layer of ricotta to toast while egg cooks
6. once egg is cooked over easy, add egg to ricotta toast
7. season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
8. drizzle with honey and enjoy!
prep time: 15 mins
nutrition: 440 calories, 18g protein, 43g carbohydrate, 21g fat.