High protein vegan snack share! I always get asked about vegan/vegetarian sources of protein and how to meet protein needs with plant-based foods. And I’m here to tell you that it’s absolutely possible!
I’m bringing kale chips back like its 2008 😉 They’re full of fiber, vitamin A and vitamin K. If you aren’t a fan of raw kale then this is a great way to eat it!
Tip: always pair fiber with protein to make a balanced snack.
fiber = kale and pistachios
protein = nutritional yeast and pistachios
Try this delicious, vegan snack with 9g protein per serving below!
1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup pistachios
recipe (makes 2 servings)
1. preheat oven to 350F
2. remove stem from kale and break into bite sized pieces
3. place kale onto a sheet pan
4. drizzle with olive oil and massage kale to coat
5. season with nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes and sea salt
6. place into the oven for 20 mins (take out and toss halfway through)
7. plate with 1-2 tbsp pistachios and enjoy!
prep time: 30 mins
nutrition per serving: 188 calories, 9g protein, 4g carbohydrate, 15g fat, 5g fiber.