simple dark chocolate chip cookies
Why is it that when I try to make cookies they usually turn out too flat or too crispy, but when I throw together a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe with ingredients that I have in my pantry I make the absolute perfect chewy cookies!?
I didn’t have dark chocolate chips so I used bark thins coconut and almond dark chocolate pieces and I think it made all the difference. A testament that simplicity is truly best recipe below.
1 cup butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup Bark Thins coconut almond dark chocolate chip pieces
recipe (makes 24 cookies)
1. preheat oven to 375F
2. melt butter in the microwave and add sugars, stir together
3. add vanilla extract, eggs, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and mix
4. fold in dark chocolate pieces
5. roll dough into 2-3 tbsp balls and place on a parchment lined sheet pan
6. bake in the oven for ~10 mins
7. store in the freezer and enjoy!
prep time: 30 mins
nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 2g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 9g fat.