shrimp spring rolls
Updated: Apr 12, 2022
I can’t tell you which I’m more obsessed with: the spring rolls or the homemade peanut sauce! 2 wins in one recipe.
This was my first time using rice paper wrappers and it was very difficult for me to roll them (I even got one stuck to my cutting board, don’t ask me how), but practice makes perfect and I’ll definitely be making these a lot this spring and summer. And the taste is the same no matter how well they’re wrapped.
These are so fresh and delicious, they make a perfectly balanced meal and a perfect hand-held appetizer! Try the recipe below.
peanut sauce ingredients
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp minced garlic
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
spring rolls ingredients (makes 3 rolls)
1/2 cup cooked rice noodles
6 jumbo precooked shrimp
3 rounds of rice paper wrappers
3 leaves of boston lettuce
3 tbsp shredded carrot
3 tbsp shredded purple cabbage
3 tbsp bean sprouts
3 thin slices of mango
1. cook the rice noodles, drain, and refrigerate
2. cut shrimp in half lengthwise (I used precooked)
3. add water to a plate and submerge the rice paper for 10-15 seconds, pat dry, and lay flat to build your rolls
4. start by laying shrimp face down on rice paper in a straight line, add a few cilantro leaves, and then place a piece of boston lettuce on top of shrimp
5. add rice noodles, shredded carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts, avocado slices, and mango
6. roll the rice paper by folding in the outside edges and rolling
7. make the peanut sauce by whisking the ingredients together, top with chopped peanuts
8. serve over lettuce with peanut sauce to dip and enjoy!
prep time: 30 mins
nutrition: 560 calories, 20g protein, 59g carbohydrate, 24g fat, 12g fiber