Giving this shakshuka starter from Trader Joe’s a try! It’s essentially just the sauce so I added some veggies along with the eggs. And of course paired with a baguette for dipping!
I first tried shakshuka from this Boston-based cafe called Tatte Bakery and instantly fell in love. This is literally the perfect brunch in my opinion. It’s warm and cozy, and balanced with protein and lots of veggies (and pairs perfectly with coffee). Try the recipe below this weekend!
shakshuka starter from Trader Joe’s
1/2 diced bell pepper
2 tbsp diced onion
5-6 broccoli and cauliflower florets
2 pasture-raised eggs
recipe (makes 2 servings)
1. in a small pan over medium heat sauté the veggies in 1 tbsp olive oil
2. microwave shakshuka starter to defrost for 2-3 mins and then add to pan
3. create 2 divets in the sauce and veggies to crack your eggs
4. cover and cook for 3-5 mins until whites are cooked and yolks are overeasy
5. serve with bread and coffee and enjoy!
prep time: 30 minutes
nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 15g protein, 40g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 5.5g fiber