savory avocado french toast
Updated: Feb 24
This is a delicious breakfast that takes just 15 mins to make! It's balanced with carbohydrate from the sourdough, heart healthy fat from the avocado, protein from the egg, and fresh herbs. Perfection. I always top my avocado toast with nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Hope you enjoy! xo
1 piece sourdough bread
1/2 tsp nutritional yeast (I use Nooch nutritional yeast)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp olive oil
1 pinch sea salt
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1. crack the egg in a small mixing bowl and whisk
2. pour into a plate or flat bowl so you can easily dip the bread to coat with egg (submerge fully on each side)
3. place bread onto a pan over medium-low heat, cover, and cook on each side for 3-6 mins until the egg is fully cooked
4. cut 1/2 avocado into very thin slices and add to toast
5. sprinkle with nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt
6. drizzle with olive oil, top with fresh parsley leaves, and enjoy!
prep time: 15 mins
nutrition info: 400 calories, 14g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 25g fat, 9g fiber, 490 mg sodium.