Here it is! I’m finally trying the viral Hailey Beiber pizza toast. It’s a pretty good option if you’re craving pizza and don’t have pizza crust, but it does feel a little like a toddler’s meal.
The key is to cook it at 400F first and THEN broil for a few mins to crisp the top. You could also probably make this in the air fryer in a shorter amount of time.
Make sure to add a mixed green salad on the side to balance this meal!
2 slices whole grain bread (I used When Pigs Fly 6 grain pumpkin seed bread)
1/2 cup marinara sauce
4 slices mozzarella
4-6 tomato slices
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp honey
1. preheat oven to 400F
2. build your toasts on a sheet pan or large casserole dish lined with parchment paper
3. start with your toasts, add marinara sauce, mozzarella, tomatoes, parmesan, red pepper flakes and oregano
4. place into the oven to cook for 15-20 mins
5. turn oven on broil and cook for another 5 mins
6. add a drizzle of honey and another sprinkle of parmesan and enjoy!
7. serve with mixed green salad and enjoy!
prep time: 30-40 mins
nutrition for 2 toasts: 730 calories, 38g protein, 74g carbohydrate, 26g fat, 11g fiber