if there's one thing I know about myself it's that I don't have the patience to make bread if it takes all day... I'm sharing this focaccia recipe that can be made in less than 1 hour and tastes amazing right out of the oven! it's always a crowd pleaser and one of my dad's favorite things I've made him.
2 cups four
1 1/4 tsp active yeast
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
1. preheat oven to 450F
2. add flour, active yeast, sea salt, warm water to a large mixing bowl
3. mix all ingredients together until it forms a cohesive dough
4. let dough ball sit covered in plastic wrap for 20 mins
5. put olive oil in a cake pan and spread it so a thin layer covers the pan (to prevent sticking)
6. add dough to pan and flatten so it reaches all edges of the pan
7. with your finger, make small divets in the dough so that there are small pockets for the olive oil to pool
8. drizzle 1-2 tbsp olive oil on the dough
9. add your spices/herbs/cheese (optional toppings include parmesan cheese, rosemary, sea salt, sundried tomatoes)
10. bake in the oven for 20 mins and enjoy!