creamy vegan tahini potato salad
I love this for a potluck or summer bbq! It’s so delicious and creamy while being allergen-free (dairy-free and gluten-free) and appropriate for most dietary preferences (vegan, vegetarian, plant-based).
Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds which are a good source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants. It has a consistency similar to that of peanut butter, so I like to add water (ratio of 1:1) to thin tahini down and use as a creamy dressing. Try the recipe below!
1.5 cups small red potatoes
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp diced red onion
3 tbsp chopped scallion
3 tbsp fresh dill
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 cup arugula
1. boil potatoes until they’re easily pierced with a fork (20 mins or so)
2. make tahini dressing while potatoes boil by adding tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisking
3. cut each potato into about 4 pieces just to make them bite sized
4. add chopped potatoes to a bowl with red onion and scallions
5. drizzle tahini dressing over potatoes and toss
6. plate over a handful of arugula, sprinkle with scallion, dill, and hemp seeds, and enjoy!
prep time: 30 mins
nutrition: 580 calories, 18g protein, 43g carbohydrate, 37g fat, 10g fiber