chipwich with tahini dark chocolate chip cookies
The only right way to eat fresh baked cookies in the summer is by adding some ice cream to it! This tahini chocolate chip cookie recipe from Kale Junkie is one of my long-standing favorites, it’s easy to make and the cookies turn out perfect.
Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds that is delicious to use in dressings and marinades, and also in cookies :)
Best enjoyed fresh, but these will keep in the freezer for a few weeks - just make sure to layer with parchment paper inbetween so they don’t stick together!
1 cup almond flour
1 cup tahini
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate chip chunks
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup ice cream of your choice
recipe from Kale Junkie
1. in a mixing bowl add 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup tahini, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and 1 cup dark chocolate chips
2. preheat oven to 350F and refrigerate dough for 30 mins
3. remove dough from fridge and add 1 tsp baking soda and 1 egg
4. mix well and shape into 12-16 dough balls
5. place into oven and bake for 10 minutes
6. remove cookies and sprinkle with flaky sea salt
7. let cookies cool and place them in the freezer for 30 mins (this will make them firm enough to add ice cream to make sandwiches)
8. add a few scoops of your favorite ice cream to one side of the cookie, then top with another cookie to make your ice cream sandwich!