Sharing my current favorite snack! It’s mashed buffalo chickpeas on sundried tomato and basil crackers with cucumber and parsley!
They’re perfectly bite-sized, balanced with plant-based protein from the chickpeas, crunch from the variety of veggies, and fresh herbs.
I use about 1/2 of the chickpea mixture for this snack recipe and save the rest of the chickpea mixture to eat with lettuce wraps later in the week!
8 Simple Mills almond flour crackers
8 sliced cucumber
1 can chickpeas
1/4 cup shredded carrot
2-3 tbsp diced red onion
2 tbsp buffalo sauce
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
fresh parsley leaves
recipe (makes 8 cracker bites)
1. open can of chickpeas and pour into a medium mixing bowl
2. loosely mash with a fork (I like it somewhat chunky)
3. add onion, carrot, lemon, buffalo sauce, and salt and pepper to chickpeas, and mix
4. lay out crackers on a plate, then add a slice of cucumber to each cracker and top with 1 tbsp mashed chickpeas
5. sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
prep time: 15 mins
nutrition: 350 calories, 10g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 17g fat, 9g fiber