It’s almost too pretty to eat!
A grain bowl is a great way to incorporate whatever veggies, greens, and proteins you have available to make a quick meal. This one was made with kale, brown rice, crispy broccoli, fire roasted corn, sliced cucumber, and bbq sriracha tofu with sesame seeds, and a fried egg.
If you don’t make this whole buddha bowl, make sure you at LEAST try the bbq sriracha tofu! The key to making tofu crispy is to coat it in tapioca starch before baking.
1 cup massaged kale
3/4 cup tofu, cubed
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/2 cup broccoli
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 cup frozen corn
1 persian cucumber
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp white sesame seeds
2 tbsp sriracha bbq sauce from @traderjoes
optional: 1 tsp sriracha and coconut aminos
1. bring a pot of water to a boil to cook brown rice
2. preheat oven to 400F
3. cut tofu into cubes, pat dry, and toss to coat in tapioca starch
4. lay tofu onto a sheet pan lined with parchment
5. add broccoli florets to sheet pan along with salt and pepper to taste, and place into the oven for 30 mins or so until broccoli is browned and tofu is firm
6. fry 1 egg in 1 tbsp olive oil
7. toss tofu in sriracha bbq sauce to coat, sprinkle 1/2 tsp sesame seeds on tofu
8. plate massaged kale first, then add brown rice and broccoli
9. microwave corn to heat and add to bowl
10. add tofu, cucumber slices, and top with fried egg
11. drizzle sriracha and coconut aminos on top and enjoy!
prep time: 45 mins
nutrition: 625 calories, 35g protein, 44g carbohydrate, 34g fat, 7g fiber