lunch today is an avocado egg salad wrap with tomato, red onion, cucumber, mixed greens and feta in a whole wheat pita!
This meal is quick and balanced with whole grain carbs from the pita, lots of veggies, protein from the eggs and sunflower seeds, and heart healthy fat from the avocado. You can add the avocado egg salad to toast, or use as your filling for a pita sandwich using the recipe below!
2 hard boiled eggs
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1/4 tsp pepper, sea salt, and red pepper flakes
1 small whole wheat pita
2 campari tomatoes
4-6 slices of cucumber
1 tbsp feta
2-4 slices of red onion
1. hard boil 2 eggs (I usually boil them for 8 mins to get the perfect yolk)
2. let eggs cool, then peel them and add to a medium mixing bowl along with 1 avocado
3. mash avocado and hard boiled eggs together
4. add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
5. add sunflower seeds and set aside
6. cut pita in half and add then start to fill your pitas
7. first add leafy greens, then a few scoops of avocado egg salad, sliced tomato, onion and cucumbers
8. sprinkle feta, add extra greens to garnish, and enjoy!
prep time: 25 mins
nutrition: 725 calories, 26g protein, 40g carbohydrate, 48g fat, 19g fiber